Tuesday, May 30, 2006
FAITH THAT THIS IS LEADING SOMEWHERE
Well, I guess that I must have an obligatory "here I am" first post. All that usual stuff about not knowing why I am doing this ... To me, writing is pretty narcissistic. I think it is a bit bold of me to think that anyone else's life will be made better by anything I write. In that case, I am just creating a tremendous time waster for anyone who reads this. In fact, I do wonder how much time is being wasted by blogging these days. Not just the actual writing but also th thinking about blogging -- you know, having things pop into your head that you then dwell on and wonder whether they can be developed into something blog worthy.

Like most folks, I do not intend to tell many people, if any, about my blog. I suppose if someone stumbles across it, that is fine; as long as I did not direct them to it.

All in all, this should be a good way for me to keep track of my thoughts and ideas ... basically a public journal.

Life's been hectic lately. Several not so good things going on and a resulting feeling of being overwhelmed. I was reading the other day about someone who was saying that times like these really test their faith. Sort of a "if you really love me, God, why am I having to go through this?" thing. Well, people have asked that for several thousand years, certainly back to the Israelites wandering around in the desert. So, there's nothing new to that. For me, though, it is the tough times in life which remind me of why I have faith in God. He gives me strength during the tough times, just knowing that He is in control and that the tough times are actually times of preparation. The knowledge that I will late look back and see how God was at work in my life even in the tough times is hugely comforting. If this is all preparation for things yet to come, though, it sort of keeps one on the edge of their seat wondering what will come next though, eh?

Well, I have to run.

  posted at 5:39 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Hey Todd!

Welcome to the wild world of blogging! Woo-Hoo! Now your thoughts are public domain. Any crazy person can come on here, read your innermost thoughts and use them against you! Just kidding....

I am reading Richard Foster's Prayer--Finding the Heart's True Home. In particular, I am reading about the "prayerof the forsaken"--how do we pray during the "dark night of the soul" when it feels like God has left us. We know theologically that God has promised to be with us always, but what do we do, how do we pray, when it feels like God has left the building. Your post reminded me about this.

Thanks Todd!

Todd

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Todd M said...

Thanks for the comment!

All in all it's probably best that my truly "innermost" thoughts stay there. Otherwise, well, who knows where that could lead!

I have never read Richard Foster's book on prayer ... I need to add that to my reading list.

Thanks again!

Todd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Who Am I?

Name:
Todd M

Location:



An ordinary guy. A wife I love very much. A great son. Wonderful friends. A metal roofing business and a sales training business. A loving church family. A few trade associations. A Christian school. And a four-pound poodle. Just trying to follow God and see where He leads.

My Complete Profile


Buy My Book! (please)
  • Trying To Lose My "Self" In Israel

  • Past Posts

    Great Blogs
  • Dan Gildner
  • Hope Shifts
  • Trey Morgan
  • Hey Jules
  • DadBloggers
  • David Porath
  • Antique Mommy
  • Tony Morgan
  • Chris Reeder
  • Gary Lamb
  • Perry Noble
  • David Foster
  • Scott Hodge
  • Mark Meyer
  • Donald Miller
  • Sidney First Leadership Community
  • Irenic Thoughts
  • Sidney First UMC

  • Archives
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • June 2010
  • September 2010
  • July 2011

  • Gargantuan List of Methodist Bloggers

    Credits and Links



    istockphoto





    Christian Blogger Network


    Blogarama