1) If you're given a task that can be completed in five minutes or less, don't put it off, do it now.
2) Don't let email turn into emotional-mail.
3) In all things at all times, be present -- live and love in the moment.
4) This is the one I break continually but know I shouldn't: eat good food in proper portions, get 8 hours of sleep each night, exercise regularly.
5) This is the one I break the second most often: don't avoid conflict. Be willing to call a spade a spade.
6) Do the important things first (except for rule #1)
7) Know when your best times of day are and schedule your day accordingly.
8) Things do not have to make cents in order to make sense.
9) When you're with your family, leave work at work.
10) Get team members involved. Early participation means buy-in and ownership later.
11) Think about implications before making decisions.
12) Very few people in this world are ever truly mean-spirited. You may have differences with someone but it is usually because you come from different paradigms. Seek to discover and appreciate those differences. Harness for good the power of others which stems from having different roots.
13) Understand and identify the processes for various actions before proceeding. Make sure that all parties are on the same page.
14) Develop documented Action Plans for recurring processes. Identify the who, what, when and how.
15) Maintain a task list, keep good records of activities. Your memory will never be what you think it will be.
16) Organizationally, push all work to the "lowest level" where it can be carried out successfully.
17) Set agendas in advance for meetings, and don't ever end a meeting without complete clarity on assignments and due dates.
18) Develop the ability to understand, work with, and relate to general numbers on the fly. More things in life are numbers-driven than we like to admit sometimes.
19) Know everything you can about your customers. Build personal, not just business, relationships with them. Also, you have many more customers in your life than just the people you sell things to.
20) Even if you're not going forward, the rest of the world is.
21) Ultimately, people do business with people they like.
22) Seek and follow God's direction in all you do.