1) I once had to poop in the woods.
2) A few hours after I was born, I quit breathing, turned blue, and had to be put in an incubator. The doctor said I was lazy. I prefer to think it was because I read a lot of Sartre in the womb.
3) My mom thinks I was a twin and she miscarried the other one of me.
4) My favorite food growing up was steak. I liked to bury pieces of steak inside my mashed potatoes. I am still looking for treasure I guess.
5) I was runner up in the school spelling bee in sixth grade.
6) I won the school spelling bee in seventh grade but went out in the city bee on the word "balloon".
7) I refused to be in the spelling bee in eighth grade.
8) I host a television show on local public access cable.
9) The first car I owned was a Plymouth Laser. It was a horrible brown color.
10) When I was in elementary, the teacher sent us out to collect leaves and then glue them on paper and make drawings out of them. Three days later I discovered that the beautiful red leaf I had picked was poison ivy. And apparently I did not wash my hands before urinating.
11) My favorite television show when I was young was Gilligan's Island. The black and white ones.
12) Two of my favorite songs when I was young were Band on the Run and Seasons in the Sun.
13) Favorite books when I was younger were the Robert Heinlein juveniles, autobiographies of inventors, and the Hardy Boys books.
14) I played first trumpet all four years of high school. That's sort of like being a varsity starter all four years. Sort of.
15) I have a lot of odd memories of listening to scary programs on Christian radio when I was growing up.
16) My first business trip was when I was 20. I had car problems along the way. I also ran over something really big on the highway. I still don't know what it was. I do not think that white rhinos are native to Pennsylvania though.
17) I had only really dated one other girl before meeting the love of my life.
18) Before that, I did have a really popular girl kiss me on top of my head in school. I swooned. She was taller than me.
19) Another girl in high school said that I was so homely I was almost cute. I had braces and really big glasses in high school.
20) Right now I am thinking I cannot come up with 100 things about me.
21) I held something like five part time jobs in college. At the same time. An English tutor. A newspaper proofreader. A features writer. An advertising consultant. And whatever my dad had for me to do at his place.
22) I played intramural basketball in sixth grade. I was really bad. We played shirts against skins. It was pretty much humiliating. And my last experience with team sports. Unless you count bowling. That was a bad experience too.
23) I threw up in the hallway in school in second grade.
24) When my family changed towns, the first friend I made also had the name of Todd. He was my best friend for several years.
25) I graduated high school in a class of about 300. I think about 20 kids from my class have died since then. Seems like a huge number to me.
26) I am concerned that my list has turned incredibly depressing.
27) I have had four dogs in my life. All have been good dogs. The first one could be kind of mean but I always thought my dad made her that way. He did not have a lot of patience with noisy dogs.
28) Lisa and I used to have a fish aquarium. It was fun to watch but a real pain to keep clean. We had some angel fish that lived to be pretty old.
29) I used to own a Cockatiel named Broadway. It didn't live very long.
30) One of my co-workers is a friend I have had for over 30 years.
31) I didn't go on the class camping trip in sixth grade. I didn't want to stay away from home.
32) The second car I ever owned was a Dodge Daytona. It was a cool Black Cherry color.
33) I always hated coloring when I was a kid. What a waste of time!
34) I liked my Spirograph though.
35) I discovered that Lysol is a good solvent and cleaner.
36) My mom used to use a lot of Lysol.
37) I hated school until I got to college.
38) I loved college.
39) I took three classes in calculus. I always got good grades but never had a clue what it was all about.
40) I took piano lessons when I was young for a year or so. I begged my parents to let me quit. They gave in.
41) My college degree was in Communications.
42) I started college intending to be Pre-Med.
43) I discovered in college that if you made friends with the profs, you'd get good grades.
44) I only remember cheating on a test one time in school.
45) I got to sit at a table next to the hottest girl in the class for a few weeks in eighth grade. I swooned. She had a boyfriend who was already out of school at the time. She was way out of my league.
46) I have a real problem with finishing things. I get bored and then just sort of go on to something else. I prefer to leave details to others. Kind of a big picture guy.
47) I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I complain more than I should but I refuse to let them get me down.
48) I like to make people laugh.
49) I laugh when I am nervous.
50) I recently gave up watching Boston Legal. It had gotten too raunchy.
51) I refuse to live with regrets but, when really pressed, I will confess that I wish I would have gone to law school.
52) I really would love to do nothing but write someday.
53) I have something weird about books. I could never throw a book away.
54) I have a camphor bottle that belonged to my grandmother and is probably pushing 40 years old. It still has camphor in it.
55) I buy keychains in different cities and give them to Evan.
56) I am pretty sure I have been in every state. Some more than others.
57) I think I have been in twelve other countries. Australia. England. Germany. Austria. Israel. Canada. Mexico. Denmark (I think). Italy. Jamaica. Cayman Islands. Bahamas.
58) I have eaten octopus.
59) I have eaten alligator.
60) I have eaten pizza with a fried egg on it.
61) My mother-on-law, now passed away, was one of my favorite people in the world.
62) I typically send well over 100 emails each and every day.
63) I buy shoes through shoebuy.com and often return them because I don't like them.
64) I really can't swim.
65) I spend a lot of time in or on the water anyway during the summer.
66) I think that doing things like tracking frequent flyer miles is sort of silly.
67) One of my college profs was married to my kindergarten teacher.
68) I lived through the great blizzard of '78.
69) I remember when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.
70) Our only television was black and white until I was probably 6 or 7. And then we got a color one.
71) When I was in college, a tornado hit our neighborhood and destroyed several houses. Ours was pretty untouched but I spent the night helping others evacuate. It was quite the experience being right on the scene of a major disaster.
72) Two of my closest friends moved away our sophomore year of high school.
73) After that, most of my friends were older than me. I didn't have a lot of friends there my senior year.
74) I took trumpet lessons from a guy who played with a lot of the famous big bands of the 40s and 50s.
75) I am terrible at proofing my own writing.
76) The first presidential election I ever voted in was Reagan's first term.
77) I saw Ronald Reagan speak at a rally once.
78) I shook hands with Jimmy Carter on an airplane once.
79) I saw BB King in an airport once. I could have talked to him but he looked very tired.
80) Johnny Tremaine was another favorite book when I was younger.
81) I interviewed both Hugh Downs and Phyllis Diller at press conferences.
82) I traded notes with Phyllis Diller once on an airplane.
83) I was on an airplane with Richard Simmons once. He was a nutball.
84) I took the GMAT once to be accepted into business school. I scored very high but none of the colleges I had my score sent to ever contacted me.
85) I own a switchblade that I smuggled out of Germany.
86) I once tried to smoke a cigarette and got a terrible headache. I was in my 20s ... or 30s at the time.
87) I have never taken any illegal drugs. Plenty of legal ones though.
88) I don't drink alcohol. I don't have a problem with people who do. I just have never liked the taste of it.
89) I have a hunch that, if I did drink, I would develop issues with it.
90) I am really running out of things to write.
91) The first house Lisa and I bought was almost within spitting distance of the apartment we moved out of.
92) I hate moving.
93) I used to like to walk the creekbed behind our house when I was in junior high and high school.
94) Panera Bread is one of my favorite restaurants.
95) Probably the most expensive meal I have ever paid for was at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Vegas. It came to about $130 per person as I recall. There were about 20 of us there. It was a nice meal. But not that nice.
96) I graduated both high school and college with the same GPA. 3.93
97) I was third in my class at both graduations, too. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.
98) I have only been in two weddings other than my own. One was when my father-in-law re-married and asked me to be his best man. What an honor!
99) I am an incredible introvert.
100) But I am a terrible ham if you give me a microphone. Don't ever make that mistake.